Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thug Story

Admittedly I don't make it a habit to listen to country music. Boyfriend would be the country music liker in the house. I think that is because he is from Texas and there is some law there that you have to like country music and eat BBQ. Do I have a few country songs in my iPod? Yes. Every once in a while you come across a great song that just happens to be from the country genre; like Lullaby by the Dixie Chicks.

In the last couple of months I have downloaded some songs by Taylor Swift. She sings sweet songs about the things she knows and that are relevant to a girl her age. With all the craziness involving young girls it the spot light, Taylor is actually someone a parent would not mind their daughter looking up to. I caught a Dateline special on her last week and was amazed at how grounded she is for a girl who has attained so much fame. I also like the fact that while being so savvy she also has a sense of humor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that Thug Story video wouldn't be nearly as good if Taylor Swift wasn't so extremely cute