Saturday, October 3, 2009

iPhone camerabag app


About a month ago Jenn sent me this link to a story by Melissa Lyttle, a photojournalist out of Florida. All the photos in the story were taken with her iPhone using the Helga filter in the Camerabag App. The Helga filter mimics the vignetting, blur, light leaks, and other distortions found in photos taken with the cheaply made Holga cameras. I loved the way the images Melissa used for the story looked and decided if and when I got an iPhone that this would be the first app I got. Well as it turns out Fiancé’s cell phone died this week which resulted in us combining our cell phone accounts and him getting a new BlackBerry and me a new iPhone.

These images are nothing special and are a little out of focus (I know) but are just used to show how the image changes when the different filters in the Camerabag app are applied.

Original:


Helga:

Lolo:

Magazine:


Mono:


1962:

1974:

Cinema:

Infared:

Fisheye:

I can see the possibilities to have a lot of fun with this. The only thing I am disappointed about is that there is supposed to be an “Instant” filter that takes Polaroid style photos that isn’t there. Between all the photography apps and the Canon 20D (more on this in a future post) Fiancé got me as an early birthday present I foresee a whole lot of picture taking.

UPDATE:
Turns out that Instant is there and I just had to go into the menu and turn it on. Not sure why it was the only one turned off but matters not. Here it is…
Instant:

Thank you to @jcpretro for pointing that out to me! Also found out you can layer the filters. Head is exploding with ideas.

1 comment:

Jenn LeBlanc said...

Woo Hoo picture making!!!!