Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009


2009 is going out the same way it came in…like a kick in the crotch. I wanted to do a cool photo montage of the past year, but what should have been easy has turned into a Herculean task. So instead you get a generic recap…

Moved to Washington
Snowiest winter in WA in 15 years
Saw the Space Needle
Lost my health insurance
Lost my job
Start looking for job
Watched the Mariners play baseball inside
Will it ever stop raining
Abe and Christy got engaged
Went to El Paso to visit family
Went to Denver to visit friends
Got engaged
Got to see the Blue Angles
Ate some salmon that didn’t make me gag
Still no job
Tracy came to visit
It stopped raining…driest summer in WA in 60 years
Hottest summer on record in WA
Got to sail on a Naval Destroyer
My sister and niece came to visit and we…
Drove Forks and…
Saw Depeche Mode
My mom and aunt came to visit
Job…nope
Jenn came to visit
Got to play with Jenn’s fancy cameras
Saw orcas in the wild
Saw the Broncos play the Seahawks
Got my own fancy camera
Developed an iPhone addiction
Went to Colorado for Jeff and Nicole’s wedding
Eloped while we where there
Met Elena in person
It started raining again
Got health insurance
Still haven’t found a job
Ran out of money
Changed my last name
Spent my first holidays away from family
Found out Husband is deploying 3 months earlier
Saw Avatar
Drove to Oregon
Saw where Goonies was filmed
Had a warm sunny day at the beach in December
Went to Tillamook and ate cheese and ice cream
Still unemployed and living in Washington

I am not sad to see the year end and am optimistic that next year will be better. But in the mean time I would just like to say that 2009 can suck it.

No comments: