Monday, January 5, 2009

IKEA


I woke up at 4:00am Sunday. It could have been because I am not used to the time change...or because I fell asleep at 7:30PM the night before...or maybe just maybe it was because today was the day we were going to IKEA!!! I was like a kid on Christmas morning, I wanted to go right NOW!!! But of course Ikea is not open at 4:00am...I checked...it did not open until 11:00am.

We had to pick up Boyfriend's truck first so I would be following him to that great store of all things Swedish. I plugged the address into my GPS just in case he did not know where he was going. So we drive around a bit and then my GPS says to turn left and I was arriving at my destination...but Boyfriend was not turning. It was right there...the big blue building on the left...why aren't you turning Boyfriend...turn, Turn, TURN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TURN!!! Then a block and a half later he turned. All the while this huge blue building was on our left. I had heard it was big but I had no idea it was this enormous...and when I say enormous I mean almost as big as the state of Rhode Island.

Finding parking is not a problem as we are there early, this would not be the case when we came out 3 hours later. I was unprepared for all the wonderful things inside this blue box. I was not 10 feet inside the door and had found about 7 things I wanted. I thought that we would look around a bit as we could always go back and grab anything that we wanted. Here is a tip if you find something you want grab it and carry it with you as chances are you will not remember how to get back to where is was that you saw it. We got lost no fewer than three times while wandering around.

This place has everything...including the kitchen sink. Oh and did I mention there is a restaurant right in the store?!?! If you find yourself getting a bit peckish while shopping you can go right in and get yourself a plate of Swedish meatballs. Right now I would say that the Ikea is my favorite place in all of Washington. I could have easily spent a couple thousand dollars in the store that day. I want to live at the Ikea...it is so big that I am sure that no one would notice if I were to move right in. I think I will have to limit myself to only going once a month. Boyfriend has instated a rule that I am not to go there alone...that is probably for the best as I don't think I could be trusted to keep my spending in check.

No comments: