Sunday, January 11, 2009

Space Needle January 2009


When I first heard that we would be moving to Washington I decided that at least once a month I wanted to take a picture of the Space Needle. Other than the Market I could not think of anything that screamed Seattle Louder. I also thought it would be a good way to guarantee that we got out of the burbs and into the city at least once a month. We were feeling a bit touristy yesterday and decided to head downtown. We were just outside of the Queen Anne neighborhood when I snapped this photo. I commented that I had just taken my first Space Needle photo. Boyfriend replied "that is great! Now we don't have to stop".

Ummmm...yeah...no...we are going to have to stop and then you are going to have to stand around while I take a billion photos in the hopes that I get at least one that I like...then and only then we we get to go to the Market to buy fish and get a bite to eat. Conditions were far from ideal, it was raining, the sky had decided to turn all the same shade of dreary grey, and I was cold. I did manage to get a few shots that I liked.

I present to you Space Needle...the first in a series of 12

Since we were feeling touristy we decided to fo ahead and pony up the dough to go up to the observation deck for a look around. Now when friends come to see us we won't have to do that and can spend more time eating dim sum.


P.S.
Dear Universe, I desperately want a new camera. Anything you can do to make that happen would be greatly appreciated.
Smooches,
Melinda

No comments: