Thursday, February 5, 2009

sunday drivers everyday


Things having been going fairly in the 5 weeks we have been up here. I do have one complaint though. It is not about the weather as one might think. It is not that there are no Super Targets up here (which chaps my hide but I am okay with it because there is Ikea). It is not that I don't have a job, any friends, or money. It is the way people drive here.

Dear Washington State drivers...you suck!!!

As I have mentioned before no one is in a hurry to get anywhere. Today on the way back from lunch with Boyfriend I was almost driven (literally) into a homicidal rage by all the people just cruising around at 35mph in a 50mph zone. IN THE FAST LANE!!! That is my lane...if you are not going fast stay out of it. Boyfriend had warned me about the slowness before I got up here, but I was not prepared for this. I want to put up bill boards all over the state that say ..."the gas pedal is the long skinny one on the right, you depress it to make the car go fast."

And God forbid you get behind anyone who has to make a turn. That process goes like this...driving along, the car in front of you comes almost to a complete stop, then turns on their blinker and proceeds to turn left right/left. Ummmmm...thanks for the warning jerkass. Maybe it would be a good idea to know where you are going before you leave the house.

To think that I thought driving amongst Californians and Texans in Colorado was bad.

No comments: