Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chico's Tacos


Every time I would tell someone who used to live in El Paso that I was heading down they would always ask if I was going to go to Chico's Tacos. Boyfriend has talked this place up to me a millions times...yet we would never seem to make it there when in town. So yesterday while out looking a wedding venues Lupe took us to Chico's Tacos.

Their tacos are basically a fried flauta. Us white folk call them taquitos and buy them frozen in large boxes at Costso when we have parties. You get three tacos per order smothered in a red chili sauce and cheese with a side of jalapeno sauce to pour over the top. Add a side of fries and an icy coke and you are set. They were pretty good...but not something I could eat everyday. I think they would best hit the spot after a night at the bar. I am glad to get yet another El Paso institution under my belt.


No comments: