Monday, April 20, 2009

Pants


Last night I picked Boyfriend up from the airport and the first words out of my mouth when we walked in the house were "I have got to get out of these pants". Boyfriend just laughed and said "I was wondering how long it would take you". This is something he has gotten used to.

The first three months that we lived here I worked from home and did not have many occasions where I have had to wear pants or jeans. That is not to say that I am wandering around the house pant-less, because I do wear pants, they are just of the yoga persuasion. I would have to say that they are about the most comfortable things on earth. If I could go through the rest of my life wearing no other pants than yoga pants, I would. Now that I am unemployed I have no reason to wear pants EVER!

On the rare occasions that we go out to dinner or meet up with friends I do begrudgingly put on my favorite pair of jeans. While out I find myself repeatedly thinking about how once we get home I will get to slide out of these rough and confining jeans and into my comfy ol' yoga pants. Sometimes the thought of them gets so overwhelming that I want to cut the evening short just to get home to them.

Sometime soon the day will come that I am going to be back in the workplace wearing a pair of khakis. All though necessary, I rue that day. My addiction to my yoga pants is quite crippling. I know it is not a healthy relationship we have, but it is one I am going to hold onto as long as I can.

No comments: