Saturday, June 21, 2008

I LOVE CAKE


There is an episode of That 70's show where Donna and Eric are sitting in the VistaCruiser talking about how her parents are driving her nuts. Donna then tells Eric that she loves him, to which Eric responds I love...cake.

I told Boyfriend that I loved him last September to which he replied "That's nice to hear". Uhhhhh...what?!?!?! He did eventually tell me he loved me...and it only took him until MAY.

Back to cake. Boyfriend has a birthday coming up. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he said a chocolate cake with lots of frosting. HA HA!!! I am getting off so easy. I don't have to rack my brain thinking of a meaningful gift . I just have to make a cake.

So I woke up at 6 am this morning to bake him a Devil's Food cake from scratch. Frosted it with chocolate cream cheese frosting also made from scratch. I then melted semi-sweet chocolate over a double boiler and hand dipped strawberries to put on top of the cake. The finished product looks like this:




Not too shabby if I do say so myself. The cake turned out super moist and weighs about 14 lbs because of all the frosting and strawberries. Oh and if Boyfriend thinks that he can pass off crappy baked goods as my birthday present he is sorely mistaken.

No comments: