Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jenny Lee 1


So yesterday I asked my friend Jenn to send me a link to her blog so I could link to it from my blog. Of course she asked me what direction I had wanted to take my blog in. I said I had no idea and that I would probrably just tell stories about her. I have a lot of stories...funny stories.

I have been friends with Jenn for going on 13 years. Needless to say we have been through a lot together...having a Kid (her), divorce (her), marriage (me), having another kid (her), marriage (her), divorce (me),etc, etc, etc. And through all the craziness(mostly her)we have remained close friends.

A year or so back Jenn lost her mother to cancer. I remember getting a call from her that morning and being at her house witin what seemed like seconds with donuts and flowers and all the other stuff you want when you feel like shit. I spent the next few hours making her laugh because that is how I deal with loss and they say it is the best medicine.

At her most recent gallary show she had me sit down and read the photo essay she published about the journey her mother took while battling her cancer. At the end of the book she thanked those closest to her and I was one of them. That meant a lot to me.

Well Jenn I don't have a big fancy book to thank you in, but maybe this is the next best thing. I want to thank you for always being there for me. You were the only person that I was able to turn to when my marriage ended. Thank you for actually listening to me when I was a sobbing mess, even though I know it freaked you out because I am not the cryer. Thank you actully being what you said you were going to be when you grew up because you have inspired me. But mostly thank you for being my friend.

Okay enough with being mushy...next time I am telling one of your stories.

1 comment:

Jenn LeBlanc said...

Oh crap.
That is some funny stuff.

Whatever it takes. I'm there, you are there,

and laughter, as it turns out, is not just the best medicine, but the cure.

Luv ya sweet cheeks!
J