Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Not Moving


Recently Boyfriend had interviewed for a job up in Seattle. We had been waiting on pins and needles to find out if he would get it and how our lives might be turned upside down. We found out today that he did not get the job. I am sad for Boyfriend because I know how disappointed he is. In some ways it is a relief that we are not going to have to pack up and move half way across the country. In other ways I am really bummed because I was looking forward to the chance to start over someplace new.

We had talked about the possibility of moving up there several times prior to him interviewing. This included what he would do with his house here and what would happen between us. He wanted me to come with him and of course I wanted to go...but under one condition. Now I am not an ultimatum type of girl...but I could not see following a guy across the country without some kind of commitment. I told Boyfriend as much and he said he understood. So when we got the news today I tried to cheer him up by telling him he was off the hook and no longer had to ask me to marry him.

The more I had thought about it the more I realized that I did not want him to ask me anyway, or at least not because that was the only way I would move to Seattle with him. When and if he asks me I want it to be because that is what he truly wants. And he better do it in a romantic way. I got the worlds worst proposal the first time around and look how that turned out. So Boyfriend if you ever read this remember that you need to plan something that is over the top romantic...oh and I am partial to this ring...



No comments: