Wednesday, November 12, 2008

They know best...


I have several people in my life who have taken it upon themselves to remind me constantly that they think that me moving out to Seattle with Boyfriend without a ring on my finger is a mistake. That I need to be protecting myself with some kind of guarantee. I had a ring on my finger once before...that was a guarantee right? Riiiiigggggghhhhhhhtttt.

My mom commented to me last night that I was making a commitment to a man who was not making a commitment to me. After the day I had and after all the unsolicited advice I had gotten I just about lost my shit hearing those words. For fucks sake...I know I am taking a risk here. I don't need to be constantly reminded of it. I understand where all the advice givers are coming from don't get me wrong. It is pretty sad that the only person to be 100% behind me on this being a good move is my ex husband.

Would it be smarter for me to not move out there until I found a job, had my own place and was able to support myself? Well...yes it would be. I know as a smart woman that those are ducks that I should have in a row. But on the other hand is there not something to be said for walking up to the edge and throwing yourself off having the faith that everything will work out okay? I have to say that there is because in the end there are no guarantees.

No comments: