Sunday, November 2, 2008

Witchstock 2008

Last night was the Ripley's annual Halloween party, Witchstock. Every year they come up with a different theme, this years being current events/issues.

Our Hosts Brian and Robin as Tony Romo & Jessica Simpson

There was a great mix of people there and so many creative costume ideas. There was Sarah Palin, Crazy McCain rally lady and all manor of political references. There were two Amy Winehouse and Blake Civil-Fielder couples and both pulled it off really well. Hands down my favorite costume was of the West Texas Mormon Fundamentalists, which consisted of a husband and two sister wives. They had the dress and hair perfect. I wish I would have taken more photos of all the costumes, but I was too busy drinking beer.

Jeff and Nicole as Celebrity mug shots

Boyfriend and I dressed as a Mexican and a ICE agent and went as Illegal immigration. It was a costume that were threw together in about 20 minutes for about $20. I am glad that Boyfriend has a sense of humor and was willing to go along with it.

It was a great party and it was really good to see everyone. It made me a bit sad to think that this is the last Witchstock we are going to be at. It makes me think that we will have to start our own Halloween tradition up in Seattle.

No comments: