Sunday, October 26, 2008

Birthday Cake


Tomorrow is my birthday. I am going to be 33 and figured I deserve some cake for making it this far. So I woke up early and baked a Red Velvet cake. I make it from a recipe of my mom's that she has had about as long as I have been alive. Hands down this is my favorite cake. It gets its name from obviously the deep red color...but also if you bake it correctly its velvety texture. If you bake it too long it gets very dry and crumbly...not good.

I was a bit tired this morning so I did not take the time to decorate it all fancy like I did with Boyfriend's Cake. I think it came out looking pretty good anyway.

Plus it matters more what it tastes like rather than what it looks like. After tasting this cake I have had several people ask for the recipe. I don't like to give it out...but if you badger me enough I will write it down for you, sans the 2 ingredients that makes this Red Velvet cake different from any other. Yeah I am one of those people. Just ask and I will make you a cake.

No comments: