Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Project?


So I just finished reading Julie and Julia by Julie Powell, which has also apparently been made into a movie. Anyway it is a book about a secretary at a government agency who decides to cook her way through Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child in one year. That is 524 french recipes in 365 days. The book is hilarious...I am talking laugh out loud funny. I was a bit sad when I finished it because it was like knowing you were not going to be able to talk to someone you have so much in common with anymore. It is nice to know that someone out there swears as much as I do. I am damn good at swearing. Not many people can utter an entire sentence using nothing but variations of the word fuck.

Example. "Fuck fuckity fuck fucker fuck fuck fucked FUCK".

I know it does not look like I said anything there...but truly it speaks volumes. Having the mouth of a Sailor is probably the only thing that Boyfriend does not find completely adorable about me.

So back on topic. I identified with so much of what Julie goes through. I am basically an over glorified secretary (that is operations manager to you) that is unhappy with my job. She has a loving supportive husband, I had a husband who's idea of being supportive was saying "yeah you should do that." Although now I have Boyfriend who is supportive to the point of being pushy like Julie's husband. There are more things we have in common but I am not giving a book report here.

So she decides to cook her way through Mastering the Art of French Cooking as a project to pull herself out of the funk that she is in about turning 30, maybe having kids and her job. (Okay maybe I am giving a book report.) I am going to be 33 in a week and a half, I am divorced, childless and hate my job. So I got to thinking maybe I need a little ol' project of my own. I want something that is going to pull me out of myself. So internet (by internet I mean the 2 people that will actually read this) it you have any ideas let me know.

No comments: