Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sleepless about Seattle

You can always tell how stressed I am by my sleep patterns and the length of my finger nails. It is 5:30 am on Saturday and I have already been up for more than an hour and my finger nails have been chewed down to the quick. Every thought I have turns to this impending move. In just 9 weeks I will be packing up the last of my things and moving to the Pacific Northwest.

I have such mixed emotions about leaving Colorado. I am excited and scared to death at the same time. When I think about leaving I think about all the things I have managed to not do in my 30 years of living here. I have never been to the Great Sand Dunes or Mesa Verde, I have never skied at Crested Butte. The list could go on forever. I guess not having done these things gives me incentive to come back to Colorado.

Boyfriend is going to be heading up ahead of me. He will be moving all of our belongings the week of thanks giving. I will then follow with the few things I have left here sometime between Christmas and New Years. I have furniture and belongings spread between my ex husband's house, Boyfriend's house and the house I am in now. The idea of consolidating all of these things into one place seems so daunting.

I have slowing started to tell friends that we will be leaving. Most are excited for us, happy to know that they now have a place to crash when they come up. Others have told me flat out that I can not leave. I have built up a really good group of friends over the last 2 years and I am going to miss them them dearly. But I also know that we will all kept in touch and visit whenever we can.

There are going to great strains on the relationship as we adjust to life in a new city and living together for the first time. We are both looking at it as it will only strengthen what we already have. Boyfriend and I both have so many demons here in Colorado. We are both looking at this move as a way of starting fresh.I need to keep in mind that this move is going to be a positive thing. I can so easily get caught in a web of what ifs.

I was looking for a project of sorts and I guess this is it. I am being given a second chance here to do all the things I have wanted to do but have been either too lazy or scared. There is nothing like being given a two handed Elaine shove out of your comfort zone to make you change your life.

No comments: