Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Love Notes


I have a bit of a thing for greeting cards. I have a drawer in my desk that is full of them. Birthday, Mother/Fathers Day, wedding, new baby, Valentines Day, thank you, etc, etc, etc. You name the occasion and chances are I have a card for it. They run from your plain old greeting card to cards that could be framed and displayed as art.

I was going through this drawer the other day looking for a birthday card when I noticed there were no fewer that 10 romantic type cards. Some are sweet and some are naughty, all were purchased with the intent of giving them to Boyfriend. Instead of jotting a quick note and signing them "Love, Melinda", I instead throw them into the drawer amongst the Happy Birthdays and Congratulations.

I am not sure why I don't give these cards to Boyfriend. I am a sappy romantic that holds on to cards and mementos of the things we have done together. Boyfriend is not romantic and I think I am afraid to give him a card that has how I feel spelled out. Maybe I am afraid that these expressed emotions would end up being thrown out. I am not sure if that says more about me than it does about him.

No comments: