Monday, October 13, 2008

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT!


I think that it is only natural to want to sing Saturday Night by the Bay City Rollers when one thinks of Roller Derby. My Friend Tracy is a member of a dance team called The Belles who happen to be the cheerleaders for the Rocky Mountain Roller Girls. Tracy had invited us to come watch her team preform this past Saturday night. I had never been to a Roller Derby bout before and wanted to check it out. Boyfriend was totally game for coming along. I mean what guy can resist hot chicks in tiny school girl skirts on roller skates that may or may not get in a fight, then add cheerleaders on top of that.

art by Jay Vollmar www.jayvollmar.com

Once you figure out what is going on it is really easy to get caught up in the action. There was a diverse mix of people there and the crowd really gets into it. I found that by the end I was kind of wanting to join a roller derby team. I mean I can roller skate and I have a bunch of pent up aggression...what could be a better outlet. Plus I already own some of the necessary equipment.



No comments: